Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fitness Tuesday Update - On the Move Again

Here's today's Facebook status:

Fitness Project Tuesday Update: Still wanting to be more regular with cardio, but my diet is tuned up, only doing the meticulous calorie-counting here and there - I now just KNOW what and how much to eat. At the end of Week 14, I've lost another 1.2 lbs for a grand total of 24.8 lbs lost (15.2 more and I'm at my goal!!)

Not much more to say. I'm very happy to lose a pound a week.

Some of my favorite clothes are now too big for me and I'm in Transitional Wear now - some things I'd grown out of, and some cheap new things, as I'm not spending money on clothes that, hopefully, won't fit me well by the winter holidays.
--------------------------
In Caroline Demoise's book, Tai Chi as Spiritual Practice, she advises to choose one aspect to focus upon when doing a form - breathing, flow, knees, the way the foot comes down -- to choose just one aspect out of all the things that make a satisfying Tai Chi practice. To try to get it all together all the time is difficult and frustrating, but if you choose one thing to put your concentration on, that aspect will deepen and improve, become less effortful to maintain.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately and how it can apply to other things in my life. And for my Fitness Project, it means that I choose one aspect of my plan to focus on each week.


This week I want to focus on building muscle. I want to add some new strength training exercises to the basic ones in Strong Women Stay Slim. So I'm checking through some other books (Body for Life for Women, for one) and various articles I've clipped for reference.

Namaste,
Zann



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home