Thursday, August 20, 2009

Clutter Catalogue

I've written about this before - the 600+ boxes of Stuff that Andy Warhol left as "time capsules." Boxes and boxes in which he just threw...well, everything imaginable, then sealed it up and sent it to storage. And it fascinates me, that because all this Stuff is associated with Warhol and other celebrities, it is worthy of archivists' attention and is being meticulously sorted through and catalogued.

Andy Warhol's Junk



Years ago, as an experimental literary piece, I meticulously retrieved and listed the stunning amount of Stuff found under and in my sofa. I have no idea where that piece is, but I remember counting a lot of Cheerios.

There's some notions of 'decluttering as art projects" flying around my head right now.
Think about it!

Zann

P.S. I'm editing this post to include a great link my friend Deborah posted in the comments:
http://www.warhol.org/tc21/

You will be able to see and read about each item in Box#21.

P.P.S. 07.21.2015 More editing from the future. Here's a link to Artsy's Warhol page.
While you're there, take a look around the site, too. Artsy's mission is to "... to make all of the world’s art accessible to anyone online.."  Excellent mission!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah in IL said...

http://www.warhol.org/tc21/

Oh my gosh.

7:40 PM, August 20, 2009  
Blogger 'Zann said...

Deborah, what a fabulous site! I'm totally fascinated...

8:42 AM, August 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home