Monday, April 10, 2006


"Even in a world that's being shipwrecked, remain brave and strong."
--Hildegard von Bingen


I feel....okay today. Tomorrow I might be blindsided by my mourning again, but right this minute I feel okay. Okay enough to feel that it isn't awful of me to try to write in my blogs again. Okay enough to feel it isn't awful to pick up pieces of my old life and use them as I'm finding my way to the new one - a life in which one of my children has left not only the nest but the planet. Daughter Molly has chosen to go ahead with her own plans to move out and did so over a week ago. My life is indeed profoundly new.
No pictures to show just yet. And I am moving very slowly.
My goals right now in regard to dealing with the mundane tasks of moving toward an orderly life are to catch up on the paperwork, pay the bills for April, get that kitchen table cleared off and vacuum. Some laundry.
That seems quite enough for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peacock said...

That is quite enough. Absolutely quite enough.

In fact, one thing at a time would be quite enough. ... even half-a-thing at a time.

Just the kitchen table..
Just the vacuuming...
Just the laundry...
any one of those a Herculean feat. :)

remember to cherish each one individually as well as the aggregate!

Let yourself discover your current pace. You might not know what it is yet.

Hugs!!!

5:16 PM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like we could be twins, the clutter, I mean. I just read all my way through your odyssey so far, and I also think of my house as a big 15-piece sliding puzzle. It hasn't helped that in the last 5 or 6 years we have cleaned out houses for my husband's mother AND her two sisters. All of them were pack rates, and unfortunately, a percent of their stuff came to our house "to be sorted out"....you can guess what has happened to that! But this summer I am determined to get rid of as much as I can, both theirs and mine. Keep on plugging away. It wasn't cluttered up in a day and it won't be gone in a day, either.

11:56 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Hang in there, Zann.

*hugs*

10:47 PM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home