Wednesday, March 01, 2006

why is this bookseller.....

......packing a book for shipping on her dining table? Why, when she had to shlep all the packing materials from the basement; why, when it hurts her back to work standing at such a low surface????

The answer to those burning question below.

Meanwhile I feel pretty good about the situation with my mother's apartment switch. I really did get everything done that needed to be done by yesterday. Today the retirement community folks are going to move all the papers I still need to go through, plus furniture going to charity. They will move it into a vacant apartment where I can spend a little more time dealing with the papers. They have also decided to allow my mother to keep the little cage storage unit that goes with that apartment, and once I get some organization to her papers, I can store them there. That way, I can bring small amounts of them to her to go through or work on, and we won't be overwhelmed and she won't be able to mix them up again.

I guess I didn't say that one of the most important things is that my mother had been working on getting her poems together to publish a collection. She had been working with a personal assistant over the last year and before she became so ill, they had poems in good order, discovering that there should be three books, and pretty much had the manuscript ready for the first. But last September my mother's life came crashing down with a very stunning onset of dementia/depression/hallucinations. Her papers got shuffled about, mixed up...a tornado inside and out.

So The Papers are very important and I need to take care and time with them, and it looks like the situation will now allow that. And in such a way that it needn't take over my life and cause great stress.

Needless to say, I haven't been spending much time on my own clutter. But it is time to get back to my journey. My next assignment is in the answer to the question above: 'Why is this bookseller packing a book for shipping on her dining table?'



Because her shipping table looks like this:


eeek! Next time I'll write a bit about how my little bookselling business has nearly vanished over the last few months and how much I want and need to have it back as part of this journey.

wishing all a jolly, stress-free day,
'zann



3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I am glad that things are going so well with your mother's things. Good decluttering wishes for the shipping table.

8:25 AM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Forrest Proper said...

"Booksellers Shipping Table" is a contradiction in terms... it almost always means "Hey! A flat surface to store stuff on!"

God save me from flat surfaces...

7:17 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Forrest Proper said...

And best wishes for getting your Mom's poetry together. My dad was a poet; he died seven years ago and I have boxes of his stuff to go through. Not an easy task.

7:18 PM, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home