Thursday, March 29, 2007

Kitchen Decluttering Continues

Progress Report:
As usual, I've forgotten to take pictures of many things. Roy and I continue to work twice a week. The 'small-increments' or 'little-by-little' method is starting to add up nicely.

We moved on to the kitchen counters a couple of weeks ago.

BEFORE:

AFTER:


BEFORE:

AFTER:


What I don't have pictures of is the progress in my basement pantry/laundry room.
Just to make you feel better about your clutter and disorganization and procrastination, or at least not so alone, if I had taken pictures, you would have seen the wasteful, shameful result of years of whole foods co-op organizing, social activism and good intentions paired with little time for cooking and family resistance to things labeled 'organic,' 'whole,' 'low-fat,' 'vegan', 'macrobiotic,' 'sodium-free,' 'natural' . (Except for Annie's Mac and Cheese, Little Bear Tortilla Chips and Ambrosia Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
You would have seen me toss things dated 1994, use by December 1999...you would have seen go:
part of a case of chocolate soy pudding (acquired before moving to this house in 1996)
half of a 10 lb bag of long grain brown rice that had turned yellow
2 lbs of rancid organic almonds
lemon juice from Israel acquired pre-move
old, old organic flours in several varieties

There was more. I can't bear to contemplate it. Shameful.
But not unforgiveable. And I forgive myself so I can keep on trying to change the things that led to the situation...



2 Comments:

Blogger Clean ClutterFree Simple said...

Amazing transformations!

5:42 PM, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Zann, I came here via the Happiness Project blog and have read the archives in the past 24 hours.

I'm sending deep sympathy and prayers to you for Patrick's loss.

The blog has made me think about my own family history of clutter and my own unruly mess of books and yarn (and the frustration of a patient and incredibly neat spouse) everyday. I look forward to reading about the continued progress.

8:16 AM, April 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home