Wednesday, February 08, 2006

christmas tree & dining table (results added)

Just a quick entry today, I've been a too verbose lately. With dental work today and doing stuff for my mother tomorrow, I'm not going to be home much. However, I intend to do some decluttering every day. Even if I can only spend 10 minutes, it will keep me going.

My next two tasks (the first feels very embarrassing to post):
Take down the Christmas tree!


Clean off the dining room table




02.11.06 - Had two days of things that kept me out of the house, but I worked on these projects when I could and I'm happy happy happy to report:

Tree's down and tucked tidily into its box. Clearing a path to the storage space in the attic is a Task for Another Day, as is wrapping up the ornaments and getting them all put away.


And here's a nice clean dining table. Right now, since it's the only desk-type surface available, this is where I have to do paperwork, but I'm going to try to keep it uncluttered. No. I am not going to "try" - I will keep it uncluttered. Really.


Yes. Over there in the bottom corner, those are 3 manual typewriters. It's an inherited curse/trait - both my mother and I will buy any old working typewriter if it's less than $20. ( I think my mother would buy them even if they don't work )

I have to say that I have used all of these at one time or another. The one in the middle is Really Cool. It's a Royal Swinger typewriter and it has a transistor radio in the lid. Works, too. How could I pass that up for $5?????? And what if the electricity goes out and I must type a poem? Gotta have a manual typewriter around, right? I suppose I'll have to choose between these at some point and let two go. I'll discuss at a later time my old Selectric that's stowed away upstairs.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

It must be an artificial tree. I can only stand the needles for so long in my small appartment. Christmas lights, however, can stay up all year long as far as I am concerned.

4:48 PM, February 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first year that I had an artificial tree that wasn't in danger of becoming a fire hazard, I felt no pressing need to take it down. (I was in the middle of classes, fighting to stay ahead of deadlines, etc, etc.) ...until a stranger visited our house in MAY and commented on it. I still recall his stunned look of disbelief.

Thank you for starting this blog. Your courage is astounding. I try very hard not to let the clutter impose itself in my blog pics and here you are making blog pics that feature it!! Brave brave lady!

Can I join you in your decluttering journey? I've been working on my own home for longer than I'd like to admit and have been feeling rather lonely in the process.

hugs!
Your Secret Pal

4:50 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger 'Zann said...

It's definitely a faux tree, but I have been known to have a real one around pretty long as well! We don't even put our tree up until the Winter Solsticeand finish decorating on Christmas Eve. So actually it's not been up much longer than the trees of those who put them up just after Thanksgiving!

And, SP, I would love to have you join me on the journey!

2:34 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Hi 'zann,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to link as you wish! :-)

Can I add you to my links, too?

-Rambling Muse

12:38 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Forrest Proper said...

We used to always make it to at least Valentines Day with the tree still up. Once we made it to March...

8:25 AM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home