Saturday, December 31, 2011

Letting Go


This isn't a new broom, but I'm thinking a lot about 'sweeping clean' and letting go.
And one of the things I'm considering letting go is this blog.

I am uncomfortable having two blogs.
But there are things I like to share that don't seem to fit with my vision for my other blog, Lizards in the Leaves. That blog is supposed to be for sharing my artistic journey, this one for sharing my never-ending quest to be more organized, to deal with my Stuff, to simplify, to live with intention and meaning.

I also have a web page.
And an empty etsy shop.

So I'm feeling a bit scattered - part of me here, part of me there....there ...and there.
Add  Facebook and Google+ and Twitter to really clutter things up.

I question whether it's good for me to have my cyber-being separated into all those parts. Or have all those homes to maintain.

So this is something I'll be thinking about during the coming winter retreat.
Maybe I won't let this blog go.

Maybe I'll just let go of the idea I need to post here 2-3 times a week. Not that I've done that with any regularity over the years, but the idea that I should is always in my head. 

-------------------
My word for 2012 is Intention.
Are you choosing a word?

Have a happy, abundant year!

)O(

5 Comments:

Anonymous Carolyn, UK said...

Just to say that I've loved 'a chair is' over the years and I often pop by to see if you've updated. I'd be sad if you removed it altogether! I find your journey quite inspirational whether it was the decluttering or the weight loss.

Thanks!
C

9:45 AM, March 20, 2012  
Anonymous countertops florida said...

I hard feeling to overcome. But it will pass.

8:51 AM, February 21, 2013  
Blogger Kristin said...

Maybe thinking of them as different rooms in one house instead of separate houses would help. Right now I am totally ignoring my 2nd blog. I just can't seem to focus on more than 1 thing at a time.

3:36 PM, March 22, 2015  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi. I came over from Jude's post today and after just commenting on my own blog about how I've been decluttering since I started my blog (around the same time you did!) How funny to me. How crazy to me that I can STILL be at it!! I'll poke around your place for some tips!! Be well.

2:14 PM, February 16, 2024  
Blogger Nancy said...

* Note: Actually, I started when you stopped! lol It's like a baton race. Go!

2:16 PM, February 16, 2024  

Post a Comment

<< Home