Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Fitness Project Redux Update: Week 2

 Tuesday Fitness Project Update Facebook Status:
One more week of eating cleanly & lightly but no significant weight loss from last week. Tai Chi every day, but obviously must move more.
One excellent thing to report is that I am no longer feeling depressed/guilty about my weight regain. So I have lost a great deal of spirit weight.
And the Tai Chi has already gotten me more limber. And I totally resisted my usual poetry reading sweet binge, though the pumpkin rolls were trying their cream-cheesy filling best to lure me


150 calorie teatime - cinnamon raisin toast, light butter, chai


What I need to do is resume using my mini exercycle.


That will entail a whole process of overcoming resistance to being down in the basement for any length of time. It's partly the lack of good light. It's partly the clutter, though it's pretty functional clutter, not just Stuff piled higglety-pigglety.

And it's Lily, our new dog. I'm not sure (since I haven't actually tried to get down there and seriously work or exercise) but I feel like she won't be content to lie down in the doggie bed while I cycle. I feel like I will be constantly having to make sure she's not grabbed a ball of yarn or started gnawing on my Saori loom.

Perhaps, too, it's a reluctance to be down there with all my looms and the tools of the art work I've been neglecting lately.

There.  Now that I've articulated my resistance...I have a sense that is step one in ridding myself of it.
Really? I'M stopping you from exercising???

)O(

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Couldn't you bring the minipeddler upstairs?

10:07 AM, November 22, 2011  
Blogger 'Zann said...

It's complicated to explain, but unless I'm sitting almost above it, like you'd be over pedals on a regular cycle, it shifts and moves. Either I have to sit on a table to use it, or I sit in a regular chair where it needs to be braced against something solid.

The only place I've really been able to set it up is in the basement. It's actually a nice set-up, in front of the television, a comfy chair. I can knit while I'm cycling, too.

For awhile, I was "paying" for tv by having a rule that I could only watch while cycling. It was quite enjoyable overall. I'm not drawn to watching much tv lately, so I probably need to take the computer down there and watch a movie or BBC series show.

10:46 AM, November 22, 2011  
Blogger Kristin said...

I've got one of those peddlers too. i brace it against the solarium window frame.

10:49 AM, November 22, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home